Producers with initial D
Typically this is where the name under which beers are sold is the same as that of the company brewing them. For example, Adnam's, Phoenix.
A company which has no brewery plant of its own but hires time on other beweries' plants to brew its own beers. This classification has been introduced to differentiate these from beer companies who have their beers brewed for them, with little or no participation in the process. An example of a cuckoo brewery is Hektor's brewery; Hektor Rous himself goes to Oakham or Green Jack to brew his beers.
A company which has no brewery plant of its own but has its beers brewed for it elsewhere. Generally these are brewed to the contract brewer's own recipe but in some cases they may just be re-badges of the real brewer's beers.
Someone who doesn't run a brewery as a full-time business, but as a hobby or just brews on odd occasions. Note that some of these are not properly licensed so selling their beers may be illegal (in such situations, they are often given away for charity.)
Brewers whose products are normally filtered/pasteurised so cannot be classed as "real". In many cases however, they sometimes make limited supplies available in traditional form - only beers that have been reported in this form are listed on Beermad.
Brewers whose products are normally just bottled, whether or not they are filtered or pasteurised. In many cases however, they sometimes make limited supplies available in traditional form - only beers that have been reported in this form are listed on Beermad.
Usually a branding of some beers from a particular brewery that don't bear the name of that brewery. For example, Northern brewery's Blakemere brand or many of the fake brands brewed by Greede Kerching. Also refers to brands of the multi-nationals such as InBev where they don't come from any particular brewery.
Brands normally just get listed under the owning brewery but in some cases, it seems more appropriate to give them a separate listing.
47 open producers
- Daleside, Starbeck, Harrogate, North Yorkshire
- Dancing Duck, Derby, Derbyshire
- Dancing Man, Southampton, Hampshire
- Dark Horse, Rylstone, Skipton, North Yorkshire
- Dark Star, Partridge Green, Horsham, West Sussex
- DarkTribe, East Butterwick, Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire
- Dartmoor, Princetown, Yelverton, Devon
- Darwin, Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
- Dawkins, Timsbury, Somerset
- DB, Sutton Weaver, Runcorn, Cheshire
- Deeply Vale, Bury, Greater Manchester
- Deeside, Dess, Aboyne, Aberdeenshire
- Delavals, Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
- Demonbrew, Prestonpans, East Lothian
- Denbigh, Denbigh, Clwyd
- Dent, Cowgill, Dent, Cumbria
- Derby, Derby, Derbyshire
- Derventio, Trusley, Derbyshire
- Derwent, Silloth, Carlisle, Cumbria
- Deverell's, Grays, Tilbury, Essex
- Devil's Dyke, Reach, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
- Devon Ales, Sauchie, Alloa, Clackmannanshire
- Devon Brewing Company, Yelland, Barnstaple, Devon
- Devon Earth, Paignton, Devon
- Dickensian, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Digfield, Barnwell, Peterborough, Northamptonshire
- Dingle, Dingle, Kerry, Ireland (South)
- Doghouse, Jurby
- Doncaster, Doncaster, South Yorkshire
- Donnington, Upper Swell, Stow on the Wold, Gloucestershire
- Dorking, Dorking, Surrey
- Dorset, Weymouth, Dorset
- Dorset Piddle, Piddlehinton, Dorchester, Dorset
- Double Top, Worksop, Nottinghamshire
- Dove Street, Ipswich, Suffolk
- Dow Bridge, Catthorpe, Lutterworth, Leicestershire
- Downlands, Fulking, Henfield, West Sussex
- Downton, Downton, Salisbury, Wiltshire
- Draycott, Buckden, St Neot's, Cambridgeshire
- Driftwood, Trevaunance Cove, St. Agnes, Cornwall
- Dronfield, Dronfield, Derbyshire
- DT, Weymouth, Dorset
- Dukeries, Worksop, Nottinghamshire
- Dungarvan, Dungarvan, Waterford, Ireland (South)
- Dunham Massey, Dunham Massey, Altrincham, Cheshire
- Dunscar Bridge, Bolton, Greater Manchester
- Durham, Bowburn, County Durham